Sigh... I wanted to vote 5 but accidentally pressed 4 :(
Epic job, great animation! Love the story and turnarounds!
That was very creative, if I can suggest something, why not display this on public places? Any way, I agree with the reviewers below me!
As always, great animation, great point. I hope my 5 stars will fill you with joy.
Really great animation. I love the humor. So true :) By the way what's the music at the end called?
Script full of nonsense, otherwise not bad.
So much nonsense. Just the idea of putting religion in this is... well.
Nah I'm okay with it, as long as you'll stop putting in nonsense. You'll see when you'll see it.
Otherwise the animation wasn't bad. Sounds and voices were interesting.
Unoriginal and boring
I am sorry but this was really unsatisfying. I am sure you have enough imagination to power a good brainf* showreel. But there are just so many points you have done bad:
1.) Overall very predictable and unoriginal.
2.) It just seems to me you keep repeating the same theme over and over again.
3.) The animation was good as an animation can be, but the design just doesn't fit. The background was too detailed, you easily get out of focus, and here we go to the next point...
4.) Timing. You lose your focus once and you'll never see what happened. I am quite sure this was bad due to the music. Make your own catchy electronic music to fit the showreel, not the showreel to fit the music.
5.) Copypasta. Is it just me or is everyone else feeling that you saw this once already?
Overall, Cyriak is so much better. I give you 4/5 and 6/10 for trying.
1. Predictable? It's a showreel. There's nothing to be predicted. Plus showreels are compilations so if the content is unoriginal that's not a problem with the showreel, that just means I've failed as an artist.
2. Ok yeah that's a fair criticism.
3. Background? In which scene?
4. I chose the song because I wanted something roughly 2 minutes, I wanted something with both calm and hectic sections so I had opportunities to show off a mix of scenes, and I wanted something which complimented my work. I could've written something myself, but as much as I enjoy writing music, if I wanted to write an original piece of music which I was proud of it would've taken way more effort than this showreel is worth. Also when putting something like this together you need SOME sort of framework to build the whole thing around.
In fact if I left it up to the timing of the pre-made animations there could be little to no rythym or time signature. And while I enjoy listenining to and writing Avant-Garde music that can abandon song structure, for the sake of a commercial showreel it'd be better to use something a bit more accessible and easy to listen to. Cyriak still lets the music conduct his animations just as much as I'm doing here.
5. Yes. It's a showreel. A portfolio. A demonstration of stuff I've done throughout my time as an animator. What the hell did you expect?
And no shit Cyriak is better than me. So is British actor Mark Heap, but I don't list that as a personal flaw.
Sorry if I've misunderstood anything you've said, because while you do make some rather good points I just didn't quite understand what you were getting at here most of the time.
piece of art
Completely fluid, without a lag, on my desire. Very good artwork and animation. Should have had 5 stars, not 4 :)
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!
Great anime continue!
The most epic battle of all time :D So childish that it's adult :D
For all haters!
Didn't he say "prepare to be dissapointed"? Well, I think you should watch it again.
The childish-humour was really fun. The sarcasm and irony forced it all to pure win :)
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.